This is the most delicious banana date smoothie (especially if you use frozen bananas).
My kids ask me to make this all the time.
If I have ripe bananas I peel them, chop them and place them in a sealed container. I then freeze them so I always have them on hand to make this smoothie (or banana ‘ice cream’ which is equally as popular in my home).
Every week I buy extra bananas so they can ripen up and go into the freezer. Make sure they are very ripe and spotty otherwise they aren’t as sweet.
My favourite soy milk is Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite. It tastes delicious and is much lower in fat than regular soy milks, but is still super creamy. You would never guess that it’s low fat.
- 2 ripe (200g when peeled) bananas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup (250ml) soy milk (or other plant milk)
- 4 dried dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 75g ice cubes (if not using frozen bananas)
- Place the bananas, soy milk, dates and vanilla into the blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Add the ice (if not using frozen bananas) and blend until the ice is crushed.
- Place the bananas, soy milk, dates and vanilla into the Thermomix bowl. Blend 1 minute/speed 10.
- Add the ice (if using) and blend 15 seconds/speed 9.